COVID - 19 Policies & Procedures
COVID - 19 Policies & Procedures
Effective January 19th, 2021
Studio 22 values the health and safety of our dancers and their families and will be implementing strict protocols to maintain a professional, sanitary facility. The entire studio has been, and will continue to be sanitized, using Electrostatic Spraying. Electrostatic Spraying is the elite COVID-19 disinfection protocol. A certificate indicating completion of the Electrostatic Spraying process will be displayed in the Studio 22 lobby.
In accordance with the guidelines as promulgated by Governor Pritzker, the IDPH, and the CDC, Studio 22 has also adopted the following policies for in-person instruction:
What to expect of the Studio 22 Facility?
- All common spaces (including kitchen, locker room, and study room) will be closed.
All Dancers must pre-register for a class/audition, no walk-ins will be permitted.
- Dancers will only be permitted to enter their assigned dance room.
Social distancing guidelines will apply.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in every room.
- All studio spaces will be cleaned and sanitized between classes.
- No parents/guardians are allowed to enter the facility.
- Staff will be waiting by the door to escort dancers to their assigned dance room.
- No shared equipment will be used during in-person instruction.
- No vending machines will be available.
- Studio 22 will identify a specific space to isolate any individual who begins to exhibit Covid-19 symptoms while at the facility.
What to expect of the Studio 22 Staff?
- Staff will wear protective face coverings at all times. Face coverings should cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly on the sides of the face . Clear face shields (unless approved by CDC) are not permitted at this time.
- Staff will maintain a COVID-19 log in accordance with the state-mandated guidelines.
- Staff will conduct temperature checks immediately prior to working in the facility and will keep a log of same.
- Any staff member who feels ill will be required to stay home.
- Any staff member who is comes into direct contact, as defined by the CDC, with an individual with COVID-19 will be required to follow all CDC protocols for self quarantine and testing before returning to to work.
- If employee does contract COVID-19, they must remain isolated at home for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset and will not be released until feverless and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for at least 72 hours OR has two negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart.
- Employees who come into close contact with an infected employee/dancer– i.e., employees who were within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period – should follow CDC guidelines for self-quarantine and testing before returning to work.
What we expect of Studio 22 Dancers?
- Dancers will be required to wear a face covering at all times while in the facility. Face coverings should cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly on the sides of the face. Clear face shields (unless fitted securely over nose and mouth) are not permitted at this time.The exception to this rule is any dancer who has a doctor's note that excuses them from wearing a face covering during physical activity due to a medical condition or disability.
Dancers will be asked if they exhibit COVID-19 symptoms upon entrance into the facility.
- Dancers will not be permitted to enter the studio until their stated start time. No early or late arrivals will be admitted.
- Dancers will be required to exit the facility immediately after their class. There will be no lobby or common space available for dancers to wait for their transportation. We ask all families to make arrangements to ensure dancers are dropped off and picked up at the appropriate time.
- Dancers must arrive in their dance attire, there will be no changing facilities available.
Dancers will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering their assigned dance room.
- Dancer must bring their own water bottle, snacks/food is not permitted in the studio (unless necessary for a medical condition).
- Dancers should limit personal belongings and be sure to remove all belongings when they exit the facility. No lost and found will be available.
- Dancers will be required to stay in their designated dance space.
- Dancers must maintain social distancing at all times, including entering and exiting the facility and while waiting to enter for class.
- Dancers will have their temperature taken upon entering the facility. If any dancer exhibits a fever or COVID-10 symptoms, they will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Dancers are encouraged to use the restroom prior to arriving at the facility.
- Any dancer who feels ill or shows any COVID-19 symptoms should not attend class.
- Any dancer who has had close contact (15 min or more) with any other person who is diagnosed with COVID-19 should quarantine for 14 days after the last/ most recent contact with the infected individual.
- Any dancer who tests positive for COVID-19 must follow the COVID Quarantine Policy set forth below.
- The Studio 22 staff reserves the right to refuse admittance to any dancer who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19.
COVID Exposure Notification Policy:
- Studio 22 will implement a "contact tracing" notification policy. If any dancer is, or is suspected to be, directly exposed to an individual who tests positive for COVID-19, Studio 22 will immediately notify any individual(s) who may have been in contact with said individual. Individuals will be notified via email with their Studio 22 membership login email. All exposed, or suspected to be exposed, individuals will be subject to quarantine procedures as described above.
COVID Quarantine Policy:
-Studio 22 will strictly adhere to the quarantine guidance as set forth in the Sports Safety guidelines as set forth herein and as promulgated at:
We ask that you discuss these policies and the importance of following the state-mandated guidelines with your child before they attend any in-person instruction at Studio 22. We understand this is unchartered territory for our community and we appreciate your patience and flexibility during this time. If your dancer is not willing and able to comply with the rules set forth above, we respectfully ask that you do not attend in-person instruction at this time. We will continue to update our policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal guidelines and keep our dance families apprised of same. If you have any questions, please contact Studio Owner, Jackie Graney at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!