COVID - 19 Policies & Procedures
COVID - 19 Policies & Procedures
Effective August 15, 2020
Studio 22 values the health and safety of our dancers and their families and will be implementing strict protocols to maintain a professional, sanitary facility. The entire studio has been sanitized using Electrostatic Spraying. Electrostatic Spraying is the elite COVID-19 disinfection protocol. A certificate indicating completion of the Electrostatic Spraying process will be displayed in the Studio 22 lobby.
In accordance with the guidelines as promulgated by the State of Illinois and the CDC, Studio 22 has also adopted the following policies for in-person instruction:
What to expect of the Studio 22 Facility?
- All common spaces (including kitchen, locker room, and study room) will be closed.
- All Dancers must pre-register for a class/audition, no walk-ins will be permitted.
- Dancers will only be permitted to enter their assigned dance room.
- Social distancing guidelines will apply. All dance spaces will be marked to ensure compliance with the 6 feet guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in every room.
- All studio spaces will be cleaned and sanitized between classes.
- No parents/guardians are allowed to enter the facility.
- Staff will be waiting by the door to escort dancers to their assigned dance room.
- No shared equipment/barres will be used during in-person instruction.
- No vending machines will be available.
- Studio 22 will identify a specific space to isolate any individual who begins to exhibit Covid-19 symptoms while at the facility.
What to expect of the Studio 22 Staff?
- Staff will wear protective face coverings at all times.
- Staff will maintain a COVID-19 log in accordance with the state-mandated guidelines.
- Staff will conduct temperature checks immediately prior to working in the facility and will keep a log of same.
- Any staff member who feels ill will be required to stay home.
- Any staff member who is comes into contact with an individual with COVID-19 will be required to stay home for a minimum of 14 days.
- If employee does contract COVID-19, they must remain isolated at home for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset and will not be released until feverless and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for at least 72 hours OR has two negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart.
What we expect of Studio 22 Dancers?
- Dancers will be required to wear a face covering at all times while in the facility. The exception to this rule is any dancer who has a doctor's note that excuses them from wearing a face covering during physical activity due to a medical condition or disability.
- Dancers will be asked if they exhibit COVID-19 symptoms upon entrance into the facility.
- Dancers will not be permitted to enter the studio until their stated start time. No late arrivals will be admitted.
- Dancers will be required to exit the facility immediately after their class. There will be no lobby or common space available for dancers to wait for their transportation. We ask all families to make arrangements to ensure dancers are dropped off and picked up at the appropriate time.
- Dancers must arrive in their dance attire, there will be no changing facilities available.
- Dancers will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering their assigned dance room.
- Dancer must bring their own water bottle, snacks/food is not permitted in the studio (unless necessary for a medical condition).
- Dancers should limit personal belongings and be sure to remove all belongings when they exit the facility. No lost and found will be available.
- Dancers will be required to stay in their designated dance space (as marked in accordance with social distancing guidelines).
- Dancers must maintain social distancing at all times, including entering and exiting the facility.
- Dancers will have their temperature taken upon entering the facility. If any dancer exhibits a fever or COVID-10 symptoms, they will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Dancers are encouraged to use the restroom prior to arriving at the facility.
- Any dancer who feels ill or shows any COVID-19 symptoms should not attend class.
- The Studio 22 staff reserves the right to refuse admittance to any dancer who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19.
We ask that you discuss these policies and the importance of following the state-mandated guidelines with your child before they attend any in-person instruction at Studio 22. We understand this is unchartered territory for our community and we appreciate your patience and flexibility during this time. If your dancer is not willing and able to comply with the rules set forth above, we respectfully ask that you do not attend in-person instruction at this time. We will continue to update our policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal guidelines and keep our dance families apprised of same. If you have any questions, please contact Studio Owner, Jackie Graney at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!